by Chris Watkins - Student Minister
So if you have been raised with Christ, seek the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.
~ Colossians 3:1-3 ~
We are officially less than a month away from one of the greatest weekends in the life of our students! I still remember all the fun I had at DNOW weekends back when I was a student. The weekends are always full of fun activities, but the real reason is not just the fun, but the life lessons we learn. Over the years I have seen students come to know Jesus as their Lord and Savior, students have been called to ministry, students called out of the struggles they have found themselves in, and ultimately students finding freedom to live a life for Christ. It was at one of these weekends during my junior year of high school that the Lord called me to ministry. This year’s theme is Rise Up based on Colossians 3:1-3. We are calling on our students to learn from the Bible studies how we are to be rising up to worship, raised to new life, rising above the world, and raising the banner of the Gospel. This is going to be an impactful weekend, if we take the time to focus and make this weekend special and not just another weekend on the calendar.
As we approach February 17-19, would you join me in praying for the following:
- That the Lord would prepare the hearts and minds of our students to hear
- That more students would sign up and participate in this great weekend.
- For Aaron Myers as he prepares to teach our students in the main worship sessions.
- For Brice Maloney and his band as they prepare to lead our students in worship over the weekend.
- For all of our host homes that will be taking time to provide our students a safe place to study and “sleep” during the weekend.
- For our leaders that will be pouring into our students in small groups and being an ear for the students that need to share.
- For me (Chris Watkins) to continue to seek the Lord in all the details as we move closer to the weekend.
- For our church to surround and support our students and student ministry in the days ahead as we Rise Up to be who God has called us to be in our church